General Information at Norfolk Harborfest
Rules and Regulations
- No animals, except hearing /dog animals and service/dog animals or animals utilized in law enforcement, are permitted in the park, unless otherwise posted.
- No video or photography during performances
- Use of umbrellas, chair umbrellas and chair canopies during performances are prohibited.
- Portable tents and tables are not permitted in the park
- No glass containers may be brought into the park at any time.
- No alcoholic beverages may be brought into the park at any time.
- Persons must be at least 21 years of age with a valid photo ID to purchase and/or consume alcoholic beverages.
- Skates, skateboards and bicycles are not permitted in the park.
- City of Norfolk Codes and Ordinances Sections 25.2-60 through 25.2-99, govern Town Point Park. For the safety of all, the Norfolk Police may screen persons entering the park.
- Norfolk Festevents reserves the right to postpone, cancel and/or evacuate events due to adverse weather conditions.
- NOTICE: These regulations do not alter or change State or City laws in any manner and you are subject to all applicable State or City laws.
Town Point Park is fully accessible to individuals with disabilities. All Norfolk Festevents programs are accessible to persons with disabilities, with accessible parking available at all city-parking garages. In Town Point Park, wheelchair-accessible port-o-lets are located near the main entrances at Waterside Drive and Main Street and at Otter Berth near the Spirit of Norfolk. Individuals requesting special accommodations for events are asked to call the Norfolk Festevents office at 757.441.2345. Special seating accommodations can be requested the day of an event from any event security officer or uniformed staff member.
Welcome Center, Information, Guest Services and Security Office
Norfolk Harborfest® Welcome Centers are all-inclusive guest services stations located within Town Point Park & TowneBank Fountain Park. Guest services include ATM, Lost and Found, directions, information, program schedules and security questions.
Lost and Found
Lost and found items can be reported at each of the Welcome Centers. Parents with lost children are also asked to check in with the Welcome Centers or the nearest uniformed police officer. No public address announcements regarding lost persons or items will be made during the event.
First aid stations are available at each Welcome Center.
Private comfort stations for infant feeding and diaper changing are located at the Town Point Park Welcome Center.
For your safety, bikes, skateboards, roller skates, scooters, motorized vehicles of all types, glass bottles and pets (except designated for disability assistance) are not permitted within the festival boundaries. Bicycle racks are available for those wishing to cycle to Harborfest, located at the Main Street entrance to Town Point Park.
Guests with Disabilities
Norfolk Harborfest® is accessible to persons with disabilities, with parking available at all City parking garages. Wheelchair accessible porto-lets are located on-site (see map for locations). Special seating accommodations at all stages can be requested from event security or any uniformed staff member. Town Point Park is in compliance with The American Disabilities Act.
Shaded seating is available at the Waterside Amphitheater and in the Boathouse within Town Point Park. Also, Bistro tables, chairs and umbrellas are scattered throughout the festival grounds.
Photography and Videotaping
Festivals and Events are photographed and videotaped for future promotional use by professionals employed by Norfolk Festevents who are easily identified by staff credentials. Festivals and events are also photographed and taped by the news media for television and newspaper coverage and are identified by their press credentials.
For your convenience ATM machines will be located within Town Point Park in Downtown Norfolk.
Recycling: Norfolk Environmental Commission
Do your part to create a cleaner and more earth friendly Norfolk Harborfest®. Returning this season, recycling is available at Norfolk Harborfest® and most Town Point Park events. You are encouraged to place your empty beverage bottle or aluminum can in any receptacle labeled for that purpose. Look for the special blue top containers with the "Norfolk Recycles" logo. With your help, Norfolk Harborfest® and Town Point Park will be cleaner and more of our waste will be made into new products, saving energy and landfill space for future generations. This service is being brought to you by a partnership between the City of Norfolk, Norfolk Festevents, Anheuser Busch, Virginia Green and Tidewater Fibre Corp. For more information about recycling in Norfolk, call 757.441.1347 or go to www.norfolkbeautiful.org on the web.