We Are Festevents
Norfolk Festevents Announces
Town Point Park and Ocean View Beach Park
2014 Events Calendar
2013 Economic Impact Report Released
Norfolk Festevents and the City of Norfolk released this week the official Norfolk Festevents 2014 Schedule of Events for Town Point Park and Ocean View Beach Park on the Virginia Waterfront, along with the 2013 Economic Impact Report.
According to Norfolk Mayor Paul D. Fraim "The City of Norfolk is proud to host such high quality entertainment and programming on the city's premier waterfronts for the enjoyment of all of our Norfolk and Hampton Roads residents and visitors to our region". He adds "Events such as those produced by Norfolk Festevents clearly contribute to our community's high quality of living and economic vitality".
Norfolk Festevents has the region's social calendar booked for 2014, with 75 spectacular events confirmed in Town Point Park along the Elizabeth River! Celebrate life daily with signature favorites including the 38th Annual Norfolk Harborfest®, the 25th Annual AT&T Bayou Boogaloo & Cajun Food Festival, the 27th Annual AT&T Town Point Virginia Wine Festival, the 32nd Annual AT&T Fourth of July Great American Picnic and Fireworks, the 32nd Annual Norfolk Jazz Festival and the 26th Annual AT&T Virginia Children's Festival.
Celebrating the East Coast's premier waterfront festival in its 38th year, the award winning Norfolk Harborfest®will return June 5-8, 2014. This historic waterfront festival offers a weekend packed with exciting activities on land, in the air and on sea to include more than 200 ships and watercraft, tall ship tours and the Parade of Sail, the largest fireworks show on the East Coast, interactive and innovative family activities, close to 100 local, regional and national performances, unique markets and shopping, plus more than 50 outdoor festival chefs.
NEW THIS YEAR! Norfolk Festevents is excited to roll out the new design of the Festevents.org website! With a sleek new look, vibrant colors, blogging capabilities and easy navigation panels, the new Festevents website makes searching for specific information about each event a more streamlined experience. Festival guests will be able to save all the events to their outlook calendar with one click of a button, or pick and choose which events they would like to attend, get up to date with all social media interactions in one place, have ready access to the latest event videos and photo galleries and so much more! Be sure to look for the official re-launch of Festevents.org soon!
Festevents also released today the Economic Impact report for the 2013 season. In addition to the social impact of the entertainment offered at its events, Festevents research indicates that its programs continue to be a strong economic engine for Downtown Norfolk and the Hampton Roads region.
Highlights from the report:
- Attendance was up 2% with 373,950 guests having visited Town Point Park and Ocean View Beach Park in 2013, despite one of the rainiest seasons on record.
- Norfolk Festevents engaged more than 100 small businesses to operate over 300 sales locations at various events throughout the 2013 season with significant economic impact in the community.
- More than $19 million in visitor spending occurred in and around Downtown Norfolk during the 2013 season in association with event attendance.
- Visitor satisfaction ratings place their experience at 4.2 ("Very Good") out of 5 Guest Satisfaction Scale.
- More than $56,000 in charitable fundraising was generated at the 2013 events.
- Out of market attendance has increased to 25% of total attendance.
- Attendance reflects a broad cross section of regional attendance, thus supporting the position that Town Point Park is a major regional attraction.
Norfolk Festevents gives back to the Hampton Roads community as well through its charitable giving program! Since 1983, Norfolk Festevents has partnered with and made contributions to area charities through the Service Club Beverage Sales Program. The 2013 Service Club Beverage Sales Program and other fundraising efforts generated over $56,000 for local charities. Over 3 million dollars have been donated directly to local charities since the Service Club Beverage Sales Program's inception. Local organizations like Down Syndrome Association of Hampton Roads, Kiwanis Club of Norfolk, Norfolk Jaycees, REACH, Inc. and The Up Center all benefit greatly from the fundraising opportunities and the social experience their members receive.
Mark your 2014 calendars with the following dates:
Town Point Park Signature Events:
38th Annual Norfolk Harborfest ®: June 5-8
o Featuring the AT&T HarborFEAST Seafood Sampler: June 5, 2014- 6pm-9pm (ticketed event)
25th Annual AT&T Bayou Boogaloo & Cajun Food Festival: June 19-22 (ticketed event)
o Featuring the 9th Annual Bayou Ball in partnership with the Arts Council of New Orleans: June 19
- 32nd Annual AT&T Fourth of July Great American Picnic & Fireworks, July 4
- 32nd Annual Norfolk Jazz Festival presented by the City of Norfolk: July 18-20 (ticketed event)
26th Annual AT&T Virginia Children's Festival: October 4 (ticketed event)
"Savor the Flavor" Town Point Tasting Series:
- 8th Annual AT&T Spring Town Point Virginia Wine Festival: May 3 & 4 (ticketed event)
- 13th Annual Virginia Beer Festival in partnership with Virginia Arts Festival: May 17 & 18 (ticketed event)
- 4th Annual AT&T Summer BrewFest: July 11
- AT&T Fresh Catch Friday: Every Friday in August
- 4th Annual AT&T Bubbles & Bluejeans: September 5
- 2nd Annual AT&T RibtoberFest: September 20
- 27th Annual AT&T Town Point Virginia Wine Festival: October 18-19 (ticketed event)
"River Rhythms" Town Point Music Series:
- 14th Annual AT&T Norfolk Latino Music Festival: August 16
- 3rd Annual ETC- Embrace The Culture of Norfolk's Music & Arts Scene; September 12-14 (various venues throughout Norfolk, including Town Point Park)
Town Point Park Performing and Cultural Arts Series:
- Midsummer Fantasy Festival; partnership with the Virginia Stage Company: July 26-28
- 6th Annual Opera in the Park in partnership with the Virginia Opera: September 6
- 9th Annual Mid-Autumn Moon Festival: September 7
TowneBank Fountain Park Events (adjacent to Waterside Festival Marketplace and Waterside Marina):
- April 19 - September 30: TowneBank Fountain Park open for daily operation.
- AT&T Festevents Fridays Series: Select Fridays from May 2 - August 29
- AT&T Cinema Under the Stars Movie Series: Select Saturdays from July 5 - August 30
- AT&T Fountain Field Days: Every Wednesday from June 18 - August 27
Ocean View Beach Park:
- Big Bands on the Bay: Sunday evenings from Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day weekend
- Shore Thing Fireworks in partnership with Ocean View Beach Park Committee: July 4
- TGOV Beach Music Concert Series: Friday evenings in July and August
Tickets for all ticketed events are scheduled to go on sale Monday, February 3rd at www.festevents.org.
All Norfolk Festevents events are certified Virginia Green. Norfolk Festevents believes the community needs to take innovative steps to reduce energy usage and promote sustainability. We encourage implementation of specific environmental policies and practical actions that help reduce the Park's carbon footprint. Guests at all events are encouraged to place empty beverage bottle or aluminum can in any receptacle labeled for that purpose. Look for the special blue top containers with the "Norfolk Recycles" logo. With your help Town Point Park will be cleaner and more waste will be made into new products, saving energy and landfill space for future generations. This service is being brought to you by a partnership between the City of Norfolk, Norfolk Festevents, Anheuser Busch, Virginia Green and Tidewater Fibre Corp.
Events are produced by Norfolk Festevents and presented by AT&T, the City of Norfolk, Norfolk Waterside Marriott, Chrysler/Jeep/Dodge/Ram, TowneBank and CFE Equipment Corporation.
Norfolk Festevents, Ltd. is a private not for profit organization dedicated to producing premier concerts, festivals, ship visits and special events and city celebrations for residents and guests of Hampton Roads. Entering its 32nd season, Norfolk Festevents has garnered international acclaim for its outstanding quality programming. Norfolk Festevents is the official event marketing and production agency for the City of Norfolk, Virginia.